Let Love Live Adoption Contract
By agreeing to this contract, I agree to the following adoption policies:
- The animal you are adopting is being transferred to you (the Adopter) with the understanding that the Adopter is taking possession of the Pet and will care for, feed, house and treat this animal in a manner acceptable to and in accordance with city ordinance and state law.
- The Adopter represents that they, nor anyone in their household, has ever been subject to legal action for cruelty to or neglect of animals. The Adopter further represents that they have never owned any animal which has been confiscated by any animal control or humane organization for violations of state or local animal control regulations or animal adoption agreements.
- The Adopter agrees that they are adopting the Pet for personal ownership and agrees to not give away, sell or trade the Pet without written consent of Let Love Live.
- The Adopter agrees to notify Let Love Live if the Adopter can no longer care for or keep the Pet and will not take the Pet to a shelter, give the Pet to another rescue, or re-home the Pet without first contacting Let Love Live and allowing Let Love Live the opportunity to retake possession of the Pet.
- The adopter agrees not to euthanize this animal unless recommended by a veterinarian and only when there is pain or suffering that cannot be alleviated, excessive destructive behavior that cannot be resolved, or aggressive behavior that presents a clear threat to the safety of people or other animals. The adopter further agrees that, where reasonable, to notify Let Love Live of a pending euathanisa in order to allow Let Love Live the option of taking possession of the animal and care for its needs.
- The Adopter agrees that if the adopted Pet is not sterilized, the Adopter will have the pet sterilized by 1 year of age or within 30 days of adoption for pets over 1 year. Any spay/neuter deposit paid will be refunded within 14 days of providing proof of sterilization.
- The Adopter understands that during the initial 14 days following the signing of this Adoption Contract, Let Love Live will provide advice for resolving behavioral problems. Within the initial 14 days Let Love Live will accept the return of the pet and the adoption fee will be refunded. The Adoption fee is not refundable 14 days past the signing of this contract. Accordingly, the Adopter agrees to notify Let Love Live promptly of any health or behavioral concerns during the first 14 days following the signing of this Adoption Contract.
- The Adopter agrees to accept responsibility and ownership of the Pet at their own expense and the Adopter agrees to release Let Love Live and its agents forever from any and all liability arising out of the adoption, possession and ownership of the Pet. The Adopter agrees to assume total financial responsibility for the Pet as of the date of the contract. The Adopter further agrees to release Let Love Live and its agents for any damages or expenses (veterinary or other) incurred during the Adopter’s ownership of the Pet.
- The Adopter acknowledges that the Pet’s known background and medical history has been discussed with the Adopter and the Adopter has been furnished with a written pet profile. The Adopter further understands that the written Pet profile is a best estimation only and that Let Love Live makes no guarantee or warranty as to its accuracy concerning the age, breed, health, condition, training, behavior or temperament of the Pet.
The Adopter hereby declares that they are aware:
- That animals are different from human beings in their response to human actions;
- That the actions of animals are often unpredictable;
- That an animal’s behavior may change after it leaves the shelter and accustoms itself to a new home or other different environment;
- That Let Love Live makes no claims as to the temperament, health, or mental dispositions of any animal put up for adoption.
The Adopter, herby accepts possession of, title to and responsibility for the animal adopted and agrees to release and discharge Let Love Live and its agents forever from liability for any injury or damages to any person or property caused by the adopted animal, and from any causes of action, claims, suits, or demands whatsoever that may arise as a result of such injury or damages.